Melaleuca is a great oil to use around the house from cleaning to immune boosting to skin care. But you may be boggled by all the species out there like I was. So below is your quick guide to each one to help you navigate the essential oils.
Melaleuca alternifolia –
- This oil is commonly known as Tea Tree Oil.
- This is the essential oil species that provides the benefits we all know and love, like support for the immune system and benefits for the skin.
Melaleuca quinquenervia –
- Used during World War II.
- It is very gentle and great for pet and animal use!
Melaleuca ericifolia –
- Similar to Lavender species.
- It is very gentle and less irritating to the skin.
Melaleuca leucadendron –
- Similar to Eucalyptus species.
- Great for using on occasional muscle stiffness.
So there you go! Have fun!
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease